Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED is a video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills needed to respond to and manage an emergency until emergency medical services arrives. Skills covered in this course include first aid; choking relief in adults, children, and infants; and what to do for sudden cardiac arrest in adults, children, and infants.
This course teaches skills with the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback, and guide the students’ learning of skills.
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements.
- Video-based course ensures consistency
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Course is updated with the new science from the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Preventing illness and injury
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Opioid-associated life-threatening emergencies
- Child CPR and AED use
- Infant CPR
- Optional modules in child CPR and AED use and infant CPR
- Optional exam