ACTIVE SHOOTER AWARENESS COURSE
- Definition of the active shooter
- Possible warning signs of an active shooter, pre-event
- How to respond to an active shooter
- Case studies
- Roles and responsibilities of the staff
- What to do when during this event
- Roles and priorities of law enforcement’s response
- Your role when law enforcement arrives
- Situational Awareness
- Recognizing suspicious activity / what to do if suspected
This course can be customized to meet the needs of your agency.
This course is presented by Retired Sergeant Frank Filloramo, NYPD Counter Terrorism Division.
Retired Sergeant Frank Filloramo is certified in;
- Specialized Protective Security
- Hostile Surveillance
- Certified Instructor in Dr. Paul Ekem’s Methodology (Micro and Macro Facial Expression Recognition and Body Language)
- US Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Investigation Fundamentals of Surveillance
Retired Sergeant Frank Filloramo’s experience:
- Supervise officers and detectives on NYPD’s Hostile Surveillance Team
- Oversee the development and implementation of security plans for US General Assembly, The US Tennis Open, NYC New Year’s Eve ceremony and the US and Foreign Naval vessels for Fleet Week.
- Lead instructor in delivering terrorism related courses to law enforcement and civilian personnel.