Adam Pernice is a retired detective from the New York City Police Department (NYPD). He currently works as a paramedic in addition to teaching at Laguardia Community College and Kingsborough Community College.
Adam started his pre-hospital medical care in 1983 when he was a volunteer in the Baldwin Fire Department Hose Company 3. Wanting to give more to the community, Adam became a New York State Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) in 1984. He was then listed as designated personnel for the Baldwin Fire Department First Aid Company.
In 1986, he started working as an EMT for New York City Emergency Medical Service (NYC-EMS) in Crown Heights, Fort Greene and Bedford-Stuyvesant areas. In his last years he was an EMS Instructor at the NYC-EMS Academy.
In 1990, he joined the NYPD. He worked in the 47 precinct (north Bronx), Special Operations Division-Homeless Outreach Unit and the Internal Affairs Bureau.
While working with the NYPD Adam completed his Bachelor’s degree in Fire Science, paramedic certification and numerous instructor certifications. Due to his compassion for helping people, he continued working per-diem at Long Island College Hospital and Jamaica Hospital on the 911 ambulances.
Adam is also a member of:
Fraternal Order of Police
Orange County Shields
Volunteer and Exempt Fireman’s Benevolent Assoc. of Baldwin
National Association of EMS Educators
Orange County Chamber of Commerce
Goshen Chamber of Commerce
- American Heart Association BLS/ACLS/PALS Provider/Instructor
- Pet Emergency Education, LLC Certified Instructor
- National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians-Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support Instructor
- American Safety & Health Institute Instructor
- New York State Department of Health-EMS Certified Instructor Coordinator
- New York State Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic
- REMAC of the Regional Emergency Medical Services Council of NYC-Paramedic
- RAMAC of the Regional Emergency Medical Services Council of Hudson Valley-Paramedic
- FEMA IS-00010.a Animals in Disaster: Awareness and Preparedness
- National Incident Management Systems Training, New York City Police Department
- Internal Investigations Course, New York City Police Department
- Internal Affairs Bureau Undercover course, New York City Police Department
- Advanced Training in Auto Crime, New York City Police Department
- Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) 30 hours training course
- New York City Police Leadership Program, John Jay College
- Emergency Psychology Technician: John Jay College